Sunday, December 4, 2011

So, What Do We Do Now?

After we established that I wasn’t going to take a swim with the fishes, Ryan and I returned up the path--not as boyfriend and girlfriend but as fiancé and fiancé (cool right?)

We walked in silence for a few minutes before I asked: “So, what do we do now?”

Other than calling people—many of who already knew what was in the works—Ryan and I didn’t know what to do.  So, we held a short and small debate about our wedding date located a mere 5 yards from a major highway…

This is what was originally proposed: 2 May’s from now. What? Two Years? What? So, I made a counter offer: next Fall (the year of 2012). It was an offer he couldn’t refuse (winky face).  I think Ryan’s goal was to make me wait and wait and wait (by my calculations, waiting and waiting and waiting would mean 8 years of waiting all together). By then, I could be the first lady president of the United States twice.  I could be the potential savior or destroyer of America’s people.

Man, who wouldn’t want to marry that right away?

So, after our phone calls were made, and I announced my engagement to the world of Facebook, I started to prioritize what I needed/wanted to do.

This is what the functional bride has established so far:
  • My best lady
  • The ladies of my wedding party (you will have to wait patiently for the revealing)
  • Who I am going to/want to invite
  • The time of year (which is the fall)
  • That like the fall things are going to be rustic.
  • That my ladies are going to look haut
  •  That Ryan should have x amount of guys to my x amount of girls for continuity. We will see what happens with this…
  •  That we are going to dance like hipity hopity bunnies
  • That Napa/Sonoma County is looking really inviting
  • What my wedding dress isn’t going to look like

This is what Ryan has established so far:
  •  That he has submitted to a fall wedding
  • That he has a best guy
  • That he is the best guy
  •  And that all his men will either be dressed in powder blue or powder orange tuxedos (cough, cough)…
  • There has even been mention of a European trip for his bachelor party and the purchase of a shed to replace the barn I want to get married at (har har har)


Needless to say, we have our work cut out for us. While that’s cool and stuff--all that work coming up--what I am truly excited for is the love and support we will get to absorb through this process. Family and friends have already given us a plethora of knowledge to store up in honor of the upcoming nuptials. So it will make it even more exciting for that big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment